About the architect
Karkau, Kenneth Alan operates out of Brentwood, TN.
Karkau, Kenneth Alan has a BuildZoom score of 90 and is rated in the top 30% of 55,771 contractors in Tennessee.
If you are considering hiring Karkau, Kenneth Alan, we recommend double-checking their license status with the license board and using our bidding system to get competitive quotes.
Reviews of Karkau, Kenneth Alan
102 Buildzoom Score
93 Buildzoom Score
100 Buildzoom Score
- construct two-story house and detached one-story carport.| roofin... more
- construct two-story house and detached one-story carport.| roofing | - roofing material shall be composite asphalt shingles. | - roofing color must be approved by mhzc staff prior to installation. | - gutters shall be simple metal gutters. | windows & doors| - windows shall be wood or aluminum clad wood windows with single-light or fully-simulated divided-light sashes. muntins are to be factory installed |with an exterior muntin interior muntin and a spacer within the double-paned glass. window manufacturer and type must be approved by mhzc staff prior to installation. for double or triple windows there shall be a 4" to 6" mullion between. | - doors shall be full-light or half-light doors. door manufacturer and type must be approved by mhzc staff prior to installation. | - wood brick mold is only appropriate around doors and windows within masonry walls. | - 4 inches (nominal) wood casings are required around doors and windows within clapboard walls. | siding & trim| - primary exterior material will be brick. color and texture must be approved by mhzc staff prior to purchase.| - secondary siding material shall be wood or smooth-faced cement-fiberboard siding (ex. hardiplank) with a maximum reveal of 5 inches. | - 4 inches (nominal) wood corner-boards are required at the face of each exposed corner of clapboard walls.| hvac | - hvac/mechanical/utility vents pipes lines and all associated components condensers or boxes shall be located behind the midpoint of the structure on a non-street facade. | walkways driveways and parking pads | - walkway shall be concrete. | general specifications| - alterations to be constructed in accordance with attached elevations. any deviation from the approved plans could result in changes being reversed to reflect the approved drawings. please note: mhzc staff may have added notes to the submitted drawings. | - all measurements and relationships of existing conditions and new construction shall be field checked for accuracy with approved plans at the responsibility of the applicant. inaccuracies or differences should be reported to mhzc staff prior to continuing with the project. | - any substitutions or deviation from the approved work requires further review and approval by the mhzc prior to work being undertaken. | - the work items listed are approved in accordance with the adopted design guidelines and are not applicable beyond the unique facts and circumstances of this particular application. | - this permit becomes invalid twelve months after issue date. expired permits must be reissued prior to work being undertaken. | approval of design should not be considered approval of a particular use.| - this is not a building permit. no work can begin without the appropriate review and approval by the metropolitan department of codes administration: howard school building campus (615) 862-6500. |.
View all of this contractor's building permits
Ready to start your project?
Key Business Information
Where they work
Remodel without the risk
Every month, over 600,000 people use BuildZoom to hire contractors.
We make hiring a contractor easy and safe. Homeowners who hire through BuildZoom's free bidding system report high rates of satisfaction.
We know who the best contractors are, and who the worst contractors are. We help you hire the best.
- Other fun things to do with BuildZoom:
- View your home's remodeling history
- Remodeling data + interesting projects in Nashville